ProWriters is an independent managing general underwriter (MGU) and wholesale broker. If you’re an agent or broker, we can help you and your clients with key Professional & Management Liability products.
While the term “managing general underwriter” is often used interchangeably with “managing general agent” (MGA,), there is a distinction between the two roles. MGAs typically provide underwriting services on behalf of a single carrier for a specific class of business. While MGUs serve a similar role, they often provide these services for multiple carriers across different classes of businesses. MGUs take a more active role in the underwriting process, using their expertise to offer optimal coverages based on their professional assessments. This means you can get the coverage options you need for your clients, all in one place.
Below are the services we provide to agents and brokers as an MGU:
Cyber & Privacy Liability Insurance
ProWriters offers a flexible Cyber Liability insurance program designed to cover privacy, data, and network related exposures. We do this on behalf of multiple carriers to provide our agents and their clients with choices while keeping the process simple.
The technological and legal aspects of privacy and data breaches are constantly evolving, which could leave many of your clients with exposures.
The ProWriters Cyber Liability insurance program can provide you with the right coverage for your clients to insure themselves against these new and complex risks.
ProWriters offers Cyber & Privacy coverage for companies of all sizes. Even your small business clients could have cyber liability exposures.
Learn more about the coverage and protections that Cyber & Privacy Liability Insurance can provide. Either call us, email us, or schedule a call here with one of our experts to get the coverage options you need.
Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance
ProWriters is most recognized for its E&O products and has underwriting authority for several leading insurance companies.
E&O can be a complicated insurance product because coverage terms and availability will change depending on the services being provided.
ProWriters can provide E&O insurance for the classes of business below:
- Allied Healthcare (AHC) E&O
- Architects & Engineers (A&E) E&O
- Cyber & Privacy Liability
- Financial Institutions/ Financial Services
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL)
- MPL can include classes like Lawyers, Insurance Agents, Accountants, Real Estate Agents, Trustees, Property Managers, and many more
- Technology E&O
D&O Directors and Officers Insurance
Directors and Officers Liability (D&O) insurance is also referred to as Management Liability.
The product covers the company, individual directors, and officers for any liability resulting from management of the company.
This could be a shareholder action for breach of fiduciary duty, an employment practices claim for wrongful termination or discrimination, or a claim brought by a creditor alleging misrepresentation.
Below is a list of specific areas of D&O in which ProWriters focuses. Your clients need D&O insurance if they:
- Are a private or not-for-profit company currently without D&O (serious exposure)
- Employ lawyers or internal counsel, and counsel requests this coverage
- Have employees, but don’t have Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
- Don’t currently have Fidelity Bond/Crime insurance, which is an important part of any Management Liability Insurance program
- Offer employee benefit plans to their employees (this leads to a Fiduciary Liability exposure)
- Have employees traveling outside the US
- Are a high networth individual
- Are a school or university